Thursday, January 10, 2008

Changes



What a difference a couple of days makes. We had the hottest day in January on record - 63 degrees!! All that crazy snow we had is almost all gone. And we had thunderstorms and tornadoes. Unfortunately an area near Kenosha got hit and quite a few people lost their homes. Who would have thought - January??



I went to Chicago overnight via Amtrak for a reception at The Hotel Intercontinental. Probably one of the warmest days I've spent in Chicago in a long time - I swear Chicago is the coldest place I've ever been in the winter with the combination of low temps, moist lake air and the wind. But last night was awesome, I could have walked Michigan Ave all night. We hit a couple of old favorites after the reception - Boston Blackies and Smith & Wollensky's. This morning I walked to the Sears Tower to visit with a friend of mine who works at the Skydeck. It's really an amazing building. Still the tallest building in the US. Trump was trying to build a tower taller, but decided to scale down after 9/11. Nice short trip. Amtrak makes this trip so easy - downtown Milwaukee to downtown Chicago in 90 minutes - gotta love it.

No comments: