Thursday, January 3, 2008

Happy New Year!

We've been into 2008 for a couple of days now. Nothing earth shattering to start the new year which I suppose is good. We brought in the New Year at home after having dinner at Firefly Urban Grill in the Skylight Bar room. Our choice for dinner was perfect - great food, atmosphere, music and service.

We spent the last few days of 2007 in Green Bay with Mike's mom and in Lena with my family. I was a little worried that we weren't going to make it up north due to yet another snow storm (the second largest snowfall in December in the Mil's history). But luckily the storm moved south and the snow fell mainly in the Milwaukee area (about 6") - it was a bit slick in Green Bay earlier in the day and again luckily for us we missed the slippery roads.

We had our holiday dinner and opened gifts with Mike's mom on Friday night and spent some time with her in the morning. I had a bit of a breathing "issue" later in the evening and had to send them out on a CVS run for "breathing materials". Aargh...

We spent the next couple of days in Lena, my hometown, with my family. We opted a couple of years ago to not go for the big dinner and instead do a soup supper which works out just fine as we have been eating alot around the holidays. We had some fun with my niece's new Wii testing our skills in bowling, tennis and baseball. Then we opened our gifts. This year my sisters decided we needed to have a "sappy sister" gift to present to each other. This was fairly easy to find earlier in the year - you know, the "Sister, you are the reason for living, etc." kind of stuff. But as I got nearer to Christmas, I wasn't finding things like I did earlier in the year. So I went the other route and got a couple of sassy things. "If you think I'm a Bitch, you should meet my sister." and "Things haven't been the same since that house fell on my sister." We had some fun with it. As always, it was good to see the family and I enjoy spending time with them.

New Year's eve day we woke up to a really pretty snowfall - the snow came down in such big flakes and just stuck to everything. I'll post a few in my next entry.

No comments: