Sunday, January 20, 2008

PBR Me



Here I am with one of Milwaukee's finest gentlemen - Captain Frederick Pabst.

On Friday, I had the opportunity to tour a little bit of Pabst Brewing history. Walked through the old Gift Shop/Tour Center for the Pabst Brewery as well as Blue Ribbon Hall and the corporate offices, including Captain Pabst's office. Pabst left Milwaukee in 1996 and the buildings are now going through redevelopment with ideas for offices, restaurants, potential site for a brew pub and The Beer Museum. When this takes place I really think it is going to be another positive thing for Milwaukee. The buildings are still in nice shape with awesome woodwork, stained glass and brickwork. We're probably looking at 2009/2010 for project completion. I am excited for this to happen and in the meantime I think we could do some tours of the brewery "as is" for people interested in Milwaukee history, Pabst history, and architecture.



I am sitting in Captain Pabst's office reading about Brett Favre!



Love this guy! Great stained glass windows in the old tour center for Pabst Brewing Co.

No comments: