Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Brrrr...it's cold



Today could only be described as cold. It's gray, cold and really windy. Right now it's only 24 degrees, but with the windchill it's 18. Yow. It's the first day of the season where I just had to run and shiver in the car and say "gawd, this sucks!" I know we'll eventually get used to it and then it will be easy. We had a little bit of snow last week. Bailey likes to run around and sniff leaving a little pile of snow on the tip of her nose. It's pretty cute. It doesn't take long though for her to all of a sudden get too chilly and start heading for the door and the warm blanket on the couch. I am watching the news now and it looks like more snow is heading our way.

This morning I went to a seminar conducted by Microsoft on Small Business Solutions. It was pretty helpful. Don't think I am going to run out tomorrow and buy all the newest software, but it was good to see the opportunities that are out there. The seminar was held at the AMC Theaters in Mayfair Mall - this is a good use of the facility prior to the start of movies for the day. I have seen the option of using theaters for seminars, etc. advertised but never actually experienced it before.

Mike went to LaCrosse today for a business meeting. We really like that side of the state. I went to UW-LaCrosse for my freshman year and absolutely loved it. I always thought there were only a couple of places I would want to live in Wisconsin and LaCrosse is one of them. I hope to get back there next summer or fall and rent a houseboat on the Mississippi.

No comments: