Monday, November 12, 2007

Busy Weekend

It's Monday again and I am back at it. It's a beautiful day in the 60's with nice blue skies and puffy white clouds - not your typical November. Had a pretty busy and fun weekend. Friday afternoon I had a meeting at The Wicked Hop and Mike met me after he got off of work, so we moved into the Jackalope Lounj, had a few beers and a bite to eat while watching the Yi vs. Yao matchup (Milwaukee Bucks vs Houston Rockets). The Wicked Hop is a fun place and the metal work throughout the bar and lounj is really amazing. From here we went home and then on to our neighborhood TGIF party. We get together once a month on a Friday at a different person's house for drinks, snacks and good conversation. This is a great way to meet your neighbors and catch up with all that is happening in the neighborhood.

On Saturday, we were awoken with the news of Mosley's arrival. Our little nephew was born at 6:39am. The labor was long, so we held off to the afternoon to give mom and dad some time to rest. In the meantime, I watched the Badgers beat Michigan! Gotta love anytime we beat the bad boys from Ann Arbor as they dominated Wisconsin for so many years. We then went to Columbia/St Mary's Hospital to visit our new little buddy and his parents. Cute kid! And I don't normally think babies are all that attractive when they are newborns - he's an exception. Had to celebrate just a bit at Hooligan's and then walked around Whole Foods for a bit - that place is actually mindblowing for a grocery store. The selection of prepared foods, the meat and seafood case, wines, beer, etc. is fabulous. I think everytime I am in there I walk out empty handed just because I am not sure what it is that I want.

Sunday was a day of work for me. I toured some people from Bermuda and Canada attending a convention here in Milwaukee. It was kind of a gray day, but the temperature was nice. I think they enjoyed it - I know they really had a nice brunch at Coast and liked the tour of The Pabst Mansion. I also showed a couple of girls from Holland a couple of the neighborhoods in Milwaukee for shopping, dining and cocktails. Today would have been a nicer day to see the city as the weather is so nice, but we can't win them all. Tomorrow I have another group from the convention, so I hoping this sunshine stays with us.

And best of all, the Packers beat the Vikings!!

No comments: