Saturday, November 17, 2007

Rainy Day Saturday

Today feels like the winter weather is looming and may be around for a while. The amount of leaves that fell in our neighborhood yesterday was amazing - our world is covered with yellow layer of leaves. It is actually kind of pretty, but now the trees are bare which means snow is not too far off. I just returned from a city tour with people in town for a conference. The tour was two hours and started at 3:30pm, so it was half in the daylight and half in the city lights. Actually Milwaukee looked pretty good even in the gray "Soviet Union 1979" weather. The holiday lights brighten it up quite a bit.

Yesterday afternoon I was at The Pfister - one of the best lobby bars you'll find. We are very lucky to have such a nice hotel in the city. People are always impressed. The lobby bar is always active and is great for people watching. Thursday night (I was also at The Pfister) I saw Andrew Bogut, our NBA Milwaukee Buck (yeah, he's tall!) and also Mark Attanasio, the owner of the Milwaukee Brewers (he's kind of short!) I didn't see anyone "famous" on Friday night - it was early though. I met Mike at Zim's Bar for a beer and then headed to Ouzo for a quick dinner. Although we were the only people at Ouzo for a bit, the food was awesome. I am sure they do well for lunch and late night dining - maybe we just hit a slow night. Mike's Athenian Chicken was faboo and I opted for the Ouzo Cafe Platter on the Appetizer Menu for my entree'. Everything was really good and alot of food.

Badgers won today! Beat Minnesota 41-34. We keep possession of Paul Bunyan's axe!

No comments: